Hutton John Estate, situated in the small hamlet of Hutton John between Penrith and Keswick, lies neatly tucked amongst the trees and fells and has been passed through generations of our family since the 18th century. Now in the trusted hands of us, the Frasers, with a vision of sharing this magnificent corner of the Lakes; Hutton John Estate is now also home to two recently refurbished luxury holiday cottages, nestled within our private grounds.
Offering a personal service, our aim is to give you the perfect space to enjoy all that the Lake District has to offer, with all the modern amenities and personal touches that a luxury Lake District holiday cottage should provide.
As residents on the estate ourselves, we are always on hand if you have any issues and can recommend local shops, restaurants and nearby attractions; or help to deal with any issues which may arise during your stay.
Making your holiday as special and memorable as possible is very important to us and therefore if there is anything that we can do for you to help make this possible, we are more than happy to help. Simply contact us for more information or if you have any enquiries.
Please take a look around on our cottages online and get in touch if you have any questions. You can book your stay 24/7 online through our booking agent Lakelovers here and we very much hope to see you very soon!
Top 5 Reasons to Visit the Lakes
- A vision to behold in every season, there is never a wrong time to visit the Lake District. From its Daffodils and Bluebells in spring, to the rolling green fells of summer, bursting oranges of autumn and snow-topped hills of winter… who can resist the year-round spectacular beauty.
- Whether you prefer the adventurous outdoors, a quiet stroll and a coffee in a local bistro or a peaceful retreat with a spa treatment or two, the Lakes have something for everyone.
- Home to so many wonderful local delicacies from locally brewed and distilled ales, gins and vodkas to Grasmere Gingerbread, Kendal Mint Cake, artisan breads, cheeses and meats, the Lake District is a heaven for foodies!
- Whether you are 1 or 100, this beautiful part of the world does not discriminate. With a wide range of attractions, walks and events to suit all ages, there is always something wonderful to do!
- With 15 million visitors a year to the Lake District… there must be something worth discovering… Why not come and find out for yourself?
What our guests say
Lacet cottage was amazing! We had the most spectacular holiday imaginable wandering through the estate and visiting the Lake District Distillery. Thank you to Hutton John Estate for making our Lake District cottage holiday so memorable! The personal touches really made our stay special!